
Well, I am almost half way through, and I honestly cannot believe how quickly your pregnancy goes when you are preoccupied with other things. Work has been Super Busy, enrolling three trials at one time (soon to be four,) chasing after Evie, trying to get baby things lined up, and Making sure my husband doesn't kill himself on two wheels...
About a week ago, I had my latest appointment with Dr. Ehrenberger. Nothing very interesting to report. Baby Guess Who is VERY active, as could be heard with the Doppler, and apparently I am the correct size, etc. I still have no idea how much I weigh, but so far they haven't said anything good or bad, so we'll take that as a good sign. Really, though, this baby is SOOOOOO busy, in there. I can sometimes feel full revolutions in my belly, every 5 days, or so. Getting comfy before there isn't as much room to stretch out, I am guessing. Dr. E talked to me about getting another Ultrasound. I told him I would go to Avista, if that was where I needed to go, and he said, "no, you didn't like it, don't go there, pick somewhere else." I like this guy for a reason! I scheduled it for EXACTLY my 20 week mark, next Friday. We are going to St. Anthony's, so hopefully that will yield some more information, maybe even the gender ;)
I wasn't dying to know before, but somehow, I really am now. I need to get thinking of names. We are pretty much set on a boy name (to be disclosed at a later date) but I am having a hard time with girl names. Most of the ones we like are on the top 100 reported baby names on the social security website, so we steer clear of those. I can't believe Violet is up there...must be some resurgence due to Willy Wonka remake, or something. Not that I want to picture a scenario where I would get the opportunity to say, "Violet, you're turning violet." Seems like that would be a hypoxic event requiring the Heimlich, or an overzealous magic marker incident.
I have contacted a Doula, and we are meeting with her next week. I thought about it, a lot, and have read over my "birth story" in my journal for Evie, many times. I started to write my revised birthing plan, and I came to the conclusion that the thing I liked the least about the first time around was the out of control feeling. I can't even remember why, if for any reason, they hooked me up to the continuous monitor right away. It pretty much tethered me to that bed, not allowing me to try all the coping mechanisms I had planned; walking, tub time, birthing ball, hands and knees position. I especially didn't like the pushing...not because it was hard. That, I expected. It was the not having any idea where I was in the process, where Evie was. I started out pushing like a champ, and Dr. E told me that if I pushed like that, she'd be out in no time. The problem is, how do you recreate something you didn't feel yourself do in the first place? Those good pushes, I don't know what those felt like or exactly what I did, and more importantly, how to do it again. I know, I know...being able to feel all that comes with a price...PAIN, and lots of it. I am not saying I am a tough or stoic woman - actually far from it. But I believe that with some help, I can do this. I want to think I can, and not have any regrets. I still don't want to take a class, so it might be that the Doula, Lisa, who teaches classes, can give me some "homework" to do on our own. We'll see...I just want the whole experience, good and bad, since this is the last time I will ever do this.
What else...maternity clothes, right now, are the bane of my existence. All the ones I like, and might feel like something other than a 70 year old hippo in are expensive. I am cheap as it is, then you ad in the factor that these are clothes I am planning to wear for the next 4.5 months, tops? I just don't know what to do. Have found a few great finds on ebay, but those are few and far between. They need to set up a rental service, or something. I think, this weekend, I am going to hit up some maternity consignments stores and local community yard sales. I am just about giving up and planning on wearing the same thing over and over each day. *baby kicks*
Alan crashed him bike two weekends ago, and damaged it badly. He was very lucky to come out relatively unhurt, but I feel worse about his disappointment. He won the very first race of the season in his class, and now, his hopes of a class championship are shot...even if he can get this bike back together in time for some of the upcoming rounds. This is pretty much his last shot, and it is shot. Long nights for him out in the garage for weeks to come...and he is already burnt out. We did get to go camping for Memorial Day, and that seemed to refresh us all. It was so good to spend time together just being us three. I cannot wait to go again, hopefully in the next month. We are already planning on up-sizing the tent, etc, since next year we will have an additional member. Right now, she/he doesn't take up too much tent floor space :)
I took a picture, but am torn about posting it. I don't feel cute and pregnant, just really large. I cannot believe the enormity of this belly, already. I am afraid of how much bigger I can possibly get in the next 4.5 months! That's about it...as you can imagine, I will have news and portraits to share next week, so tune in. Love to all of you out there...I gotta go see about a Root Beer Float,
Mumma, Out

No comments:
Post a Comment