Friday, June 4, 2010

Produce

Just a random, though amusing realization I had today. The weekly updates from babycenter that I get telling me about this week in baby's development always use produce when using a comparion on the size of your baby. For instance, weeks 4 through 7 were a poppy seed, sesame seed, lentil bean, and blueberry, respectively. Week 14 and 15 gave us the lemon and apple analogies. Week 16, it starting to strike me as comical, with an Avocado. Week 17 and 18, funnier still; turnip and a "large bell pepper" (we're using qualifiers now)... which brings us to today - Week 19. A "Large Heirloom Tomato." Now..."Heirloom"doesn't really refer to a certain variety of tomato, like, say, beefsteak, but rather is any variety that has been passed down through the generations. I am picturing a beefsteak in my mind, because that would logically follow a large red bell pepper, but really folks, who writes this crap?

Also interesting about these weekly updates is how eerily accurate they have been, when describing what may or may not be going on for me during any given week; be it rhinitis of pregnancy, getting my appetite back or getting round ligament pain. I would like them to stop listening in on my inner monologue and putting it on their website!

That's all, nothing new of note. Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment