
So...FINALLY, yesterday, we had our 20 week ultrasound. We went to St. Anthony's Central this time, since we didn't really care for the tech at Avista. This tech, Beth, was GREAT. First helpful thing...her first language is English. Second, she mainly does only OB ultrasounds, and actually seems to like her job :) Alan came in a little late, after being misdirected by the front desk. By the time he had gotten there, Beth had already told me that my placenta was very low...not a total placenta previa, but marginal, meaning that it is bordering the cervix, right now. She said that this can change over the pregnancy, so I will talk to Dr. E about how often he will monitor that.
Alan got there, we filled him in on that part, and went on. Baby was being a little wriggly, so the tech was having trouble trying to get images of the four chambers of the heart, etc, but then baby settled down. Beth got her measurements done, and then went searching for gender, and it wasn't hard to find! It's a Boy!!! Alan said, "I knew it!" and I had to high five him, because he never swayed from that. Lately, I was in the same opinion, but didn't really voice it. I wrote it previously in my written journal, that at the first Ultrasound, I thought I saw "something" but didn't put too much stake in my ability to determine gender. Especially since the last tech said it was too early to tell. Anyway, back to the ultrasound...
Beth also got us a few REALLY good profile pictures, and Alan immediately pointed out that our Baby's nose looks like Dustin's, and I would have to agree. Maybe Alan will get a mini-me this time!!! I was so happy for him. Even if the baby looks like me, there is bound to be more resemblance to Alan, as well, just because they're both boys. We got four print outs, 2 profiles, one of the gender determining appendage (with an arrow...hehehe) and both feet. So precious. We thanked Beth profusely, as this was SO much better than any of the three prenatal ultrasounds we've had in the past. We will go back there anytime!!! I am sure I will need to, also, to check on the previa status.
I got on the phone to Jennifer, my sisters, Halley (so she could pass on to the rest of the office) and then Sandra called. That is SO FUN!!! I went out to go shopping right after, as I had some girl things to return and had to get him something out of excitement! So cute! No pink, purple, crowns, etc.! Just rough and tumble boy stuff. I had wondered what I would do with a boy, but I am pretty sure we will figure it out, quick! I returned some maternity clothes as well, and got a few other things (plain white tee, black leggings, both AWESOME) and nursing bras and tanks. I think I am pretty much set, although I STILL cannot find a flattering pair of denim shorts, so I am still in search of those. But...I will buy a sweater for the fall, and I think, then, I am set. 5 nursing tanks, 5 nursing bras, just need a nursing gown for the hospital. Maternity clothes, though, are set. :)
I read more about Placenta Previa, and apparently, only 10% of marginal previa detected at your 2nd trimester ultrasound stay where they are, precluding vaginal delivery. Hopefully, my uterus will grow and bring it out of the way. I don't really have a problem with the C-section, if that is what it takes to keep little guy and me safe, but obviously, I would rather go through with the natural birth. The Doula forgot our appointment, so she is supposed to call me next week, and we will meet!
I came home and went through the little boy stuff, and it occurred to me that we will need to get Evie's things out of the "baby room" to make room for the new stuff! We are going to be swimming in baby stuff! I REALLY hope Sandra is going to have a girl, so we can do a little swap-a-roo. Wait...had I mentioned that Sandra is pregnant?! I am so EXCITED!!! She is 14 weeks pregnant, according to her doctor, but she thinks she is more like 12 weeks. She told me Thursday morning, and I could not be happier! They will be 6 weeks behind us, so even closer than Evie and Wyatt were in age. I really can't wait to find out what they are having. For one thing...I am just really curious, and want them to know, and secondly, because I want to know if I need to get boy stuff! I went through Evie's things, and there might me 5 things (like onesies) total, that are unisex, so I guess we won't be using much!
What else? Alan is racing this weekend, but it is raining. Evie is doing this funny thing every morning where she is trying to help Mommy out of bed by pulling. She pulls my foot/toes and says, "Mommy, out! Push!" She still needs to learn the difference between push and pull. Once she gets my foot on the floor (with a little assistance from me,) she goes looking for my hand, and starts to pull that. SO CUTE. We are off to the Children's Museum and then going to watch Daddy run in the rain. Hopefully no incidents! That's it...I am not sure if Alan wants me to reveal the name, but we are 95% sure we have our baby boy's name picked out. Some of you will laugh, and Maria already figured out from where we got the name...which is the funny part:) We are preparing for our son to be a handsome, wise-cracking, nickname giving literary hick...enough of a clue? Love to all of you, our life is great, and I am happy to share it with you all!
Love, Mumma

No comments:
Post a Comment