So...I had a stressful, yucky-feeling week, last week, but I am better. I was really disappointed by the ultrasound, and feeling bad physically, and for not being able to visit with our guests like I wanted. I have turned the corner, though.
I went to the Doctor with Evie on Wednesday, and she is perfect. I talked to him about what was going on with me...I was fine all day Wednesday, so there was really nothing to do at that point. He thought MAYBE it was gall bladder, more likely pregnancy reflux. Either way, I talked to him about being disappointed with the ultrasonographer, and being told virtually nothing while she performed it. I felt a little bad, because my doctor, who is the Medical Director at Avista, is ultimately her boss, but c'mon lady. This is one of the most cherished memories of pregnancy we will have...try to be a little informative and upbeat! Anyway, he said that he'd be glad to order me another one, though it is not necessary. The radiologist who read the U/S was very pleased and wrote in his report that everything was completely normal.
Anyhow...I just got back from a quick business trip to Minneapolis, and thankfully, I felt great the whole time. I missed Alan and Evie, but it was only 1.5 days. The baby was REALLY active and yesterday on the shuttle to the airport, he/she was actually kicking...no subtle flutters, no twisting or turning...this was full on kung fu fighting in my belly. It was SO good to feel...I have been excited, but that really made me smile. I have felt badly because we admittedly have not been as enthusiastic this time, because some of the novelty wears off. That 60 seconds yesterday, though, helped to renew my awe and wonder at the whole thing, and really begin to love my tenant. :)
Back home with my man and girl, and feeling really great. I hope this is an indication of how the second trimester will progress. Couldn't tell you what I weigh, but my prego clothes still fit the same in legs, etc, so I guess it is just adding to my belly and chest. I will take a picture soon to share...I am OBVIOUSLY pregnant, as far as I am concerned. It is a sad commentary on American physiques that many people at my meeting were surprised that I am pregnant, and swore they wouldn't have been able to tell. I guess abdominal girth is a normal phenomenon is America these days.
That is all for now...no appointments or anything for another 2.5 weeks, so it may be a little radio silent...but I am sure I can come up with something, interesting, or not.
Mumma, Out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment