Yes, it has been a while. Lots of parties, visitors, sickness and such. I wish I had news for you, but I don't. I had my ultrasound last Friday, but the tech said that is was too early to tell much of anything, other than the fact that we are have a singleton, which is welcome confirmation, at least. A recap of recent events...
On May second, we had a surprise 50th Birthday party at the Brown Palace for one of my dearest friends...she was surprised and overwhelmed. Perfect! That Wednesday, I attended our division's Cinco De Mayo Pot Luck, and completely overate. I immediately felt like I had eaten too much, and something rotten. I was REALLY nauseous, but then went to pick up my Mum from the airport after work. No dinner that night, to bed with a cup of tea.
Thursday, there was a LOT to do to prepare for the impending guests and party. I was feeling pretty well, that morning. I went ahead and drank a yogurt and fruit smoothie. Innocuous, right? Wrong. My Mum and I were at the store on a marathon grocery trip, and I just about passed out, puked, went down, all at the same time. We stopped to get some juice and I had some chicken. Was feeling OK, but not great. Don't think I ate that night, either. Then the GI "issues" started. Yay.
Friday, I went to pick up my sister from the airport shuttle, and then then Filars arrived. I was feeling OK, but still queasy, not appetite (I know, right!?) and tired. I had to drink a lot of water for the ultrasound, which is hard, when you are already feeling queasy. My Mum and Maria (mother-in-law) came with Alan and I to the hospital. As soon as the tech got me in the room, she said that I was there WAY early, that I should be at LEAST 16 weeks, and I was 15 weeks to the day. I have had this lady twice before, and she is NOT my favorite. Cursory explanation, at best, and crappy bedside manner. She went through the motions, but she couldn't tell us much...the anatomy that she was trying to check was not supposed to be developed yet, and there was no way she was venturing a guess as to gender. All in all, a (nearly) complete waste of time. I felt bad, I couldn't even see the monitor, and she was pretty brief. I will need to go back. I truly love my doctor, but his guidance this time, telling me "no problem, 15 weeks should be fine" was a bit off. Anyway...as far as we can tell, baby is fine (tech pretty much told us NOTHING.)
Friday night we had meatball sandwiches, of which I ate 1/2 (early/easy satiety is NOT normal for me) and played band hero (or was that Saturday night? I am beat!). I almost peed myself listening to some of the vocal stylings of the boys.
Saturday - Go time. Evie's Second birthday party, with approximately 35 people in attendance. I was stressed, burgers fell apart, Evie was over-tired, but everyone really helped out, and all seemed to have a great time. Evie got an overwhelming abundance of gifts and hugs and kisses. I cannot believe she is two. That just isn't a baby anymore. I know everyone says it, but It will never make it less true...time does fly when you are having fun :)
Sunday - Mother's Day. My sister made a beautiful brunch of eggs Benedict and hash browns from scratch...and I couldn't eat a bite :( The Filars all went to the Museum, and I should not have gone. I was exhausted, tummy-sick and ornery. We got home and I pretty much lay on the couch and then went to sleep. I passed up Big City Burrito, White Fence Farm, and skipped any dinner. Talk about out of character. I hardly got to visit with my family, which makes me sad.
Monday morning, my sister left really early. I had been up much of the night sick, and was tired, still. I took Evie to Maria and Al's hotel to go swim with GrammaRia, which she loved. I came home, and there were potato chips and french onion dip. I ate A LOT...and all was good until noon...again. That seemed to be the magic time of day when my gi system grinds to a complete stop. The Filars left that afternoon, and me, Alan and Mum pretty much vegged. No dinner again, but diet root beer float actually sent well and seemed to settle my tummy.
Today is Evie's two year appointment, so I am tagging along, and am seeing our doctor before her. I am much better today, but not great. This is going to be a long 5.5 months, left, if my GI tract doesn't work right. That is really tough for a person who is used to not having any problems. Tomorrow, off to Minneapolis for work, Evie and Daddy are looking out for each other Thursday and Friday. Then, hopefully, I can regroup with my peeps, feel better, and start to do up "baby's" room. It will really help me get through the hard times of pregnancy, if I an find out who is in my belly...I want to start bonding with a son or daughter, please. And Evie needs to know :)
More later, much later...but that's where we are now. A little disappointed, the shine has worn off this pregnancy bit already, and overall, exhausted.
Mumma, Out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment