Not really much to report that is new, just 36+3 and still preggers. My next appointment is tomorrow, after just having had one on Friday. I keep on feeling twinges in my cervix, but honestly, I think they are just head butts. Every time it happens, I feel my abdomen, and there is no tightening, or anything, so I still have officially not had a braxton-hicks even. This could be a while :)
I think it is starting to sink in to a few people at work that I won't be there soon and that they better hope that this kid stays put until everyone is back from the conference in Boston. What would be ideal is to have Sawyer some time between November 3rd and 7th, but obviously no one has any control over that. I say that for a few reasons, none of which will make it more likely to happen;
1) the lion share of my office is going to be gone between Oct. 28 and Nov. 2, so I seriously have to hold down the fort...41 weeks pregnant. I can say that if that week of covering for people is like my last week, I may just go home and stay home. It was seriously that bad.
2) my sister is coming out the 8th to the 12th, so I hope we have a new person for her to meet, and
3) I just found out on Friday that my doctor will be in Orlando November 8, 9, and 10th. I have to remember to find out who is on call while he is gone. I am seriously contemplating looking into a birthing center, or something if I may get stuck with Dr. Robertson. It would really throw a wrench in the works if it were her. I am just thinking good thoughts...I mean what are the chances that I will have this kid while he is gone (famous last words?)
Let's see what else...we have made some progress in the nesting realm. I got a bit of the owl painting done...the chocolate brown part, now I have to fill in the rest of it, but I LOVE IT so far! It is perfect. I have finished three swaddling blankets and most of the first stroller blanket. So cute! I still have to start the pillows for the glider, the owl mobile and the changing pad cover. I haven't gotten that much done other than weekends, because I am too tired after Evie goes to bed and I just want to go to bed myself. Plus, I have been reading as much as I can each night.
I went back to reading more on natural birth. I am not sure what my strategy is for achieving my goal, but I can tell you that I do not really subscribe to a lot of the things these books talk about like; Reiki or any other "energy work", and I am not adept at yoga breathing, and the whole "mindfullness" thing is lost on me. Maybe I am just not that deep or self-aware, or introspective, or whatever it takes to be down with all that...but I'd like to think I still have it in me to do this, for me and for Sawyer. I am pretty stubborn, but I don't think I can just will my way through labor. I need to learn to let go a little bit more than I have. I can, however, go to my happy place, which seems to be scenes of my life that have already happened, every time I practice. Alan and me on Ke'e beach, Evie laughing, and then of course, images of me with the new little man.
Sandra doesn't sound like she is having much fun either, and I will spare you the details, since they are not mine to tell, but I am 100% convinced when she says this is their last child. I completely understand. I don't know if Beth, from work, has delivered yet, but I am hoping so for her sake...she is overdue by a week. One good thing is that I can just feel the bite in the air every morning...so it rejuvinates me a bit. Of course, by 2pm, it is 82 - 84 fricking degrees outside, but it is coming...I know it is...The first time I NEED to wear a sweater, and I am looking forward to it. I was in a 500% better mood Sunday morning when it was cool. SUPPOSEDLY it is going to be a high of 72 on Wednesday, but I will believe it when I feel it. This coming weekend is supposed to be even cooler, which is great, since we will be at the track. It is Alan's last race of the year, and a bit of a farewell to racing, I think. Not sure what the future holds for either of us as far as racing is concerned, but I can at least go cheer him on. Sunday is our 6th Anniversary, and we are going out, which I am excited about. I miss Alan, as he has had to sleep on the floor still, because of his back. I can only hope this improves soon, since it really makes me lonely to wake up alone. Sure, I hog the bed with me and my belly and my pregnancy pillow, but it would still be nice if he could be in there, too.
What else? No new prego symptoms, since I think I mentioned that my feet are now horrendously swollen all the time, regardless of what I eat or how long I put them up on my makeshift ottoman I've fashioned from my upside down recycling bin and a blanket under my desk. Maybe it will be cold enough next week for compression hose!
Wow...I can't believe for all the griping I did about the size of the chest and lack of bras that I have not already mentioned that I got new bras!!! seven of them, and they are awesome! I wore a white shirt for the first time in three weeks on Friday, since I finally had a nude colored bra that fit. So...I am all set for "normal" bras, but sadly, I just went through all my nursing bras, and there was only one that fit...so I bought another off ebay that is great, and am trying to buy a few more. At least I have people to pass on the ones I have to. And maybe the ones that are just a bit small will fit after I lose some baby weight...but then I will have milk, so who knows.
I must be in the "waiting" boring phase if I can talk about so much nothing going on. The one thing that I have tried to focus on is spending quality one on one time with Evie and letting her know how special she is to us. I am anxious to meet him, but at the same time, I feel sad that I am going to lose my alone time with her, to some extent. I just hope that she will love being a big sister and that it will bring her as much joy as it will to us. Good sign, I guess, that she ASKS for me to read "Big Sister" to her.
That is about all...I am super tired. Thanks to everyone out there who hasn't told me I look ready to pop, tired, or otherwise haggard. I really appreciate it, even if you are just being nice. Will check in after appointment...and please hope along with me that Dr. (Wicked Witch of the West) Robertson is not the one on call when my doctor is gone, or I'll need to do some scrambling to make others plans. That is all. Mumma Out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment