Sunday, October 10, 2010

37 and 3/7


seeing it is 10.10.10, I had to post when I was also 37, 3/7 :P
Today is our 6th Anniversary and I loved it. We had the best date, adn Halley and Evie looked like they had a good time together. We got to talk alone about what the plans are, how we have GOT to have a date eralier on this time than we did when Evie was born. I am on love with my husband, and am sure I am going to fall in love again in 3 to 5 weeks, and don't want to lose sight of my first man :)
Let's see...last week's appointment, did I blog after that? I don't know. It went well though. Low blood pressure, swollen ankles/feet, no proteins in urine, measuring right on, and Sawyer all over the place when Dr. E tries to listen. We talked about my plan some more and it just reaffirms that my Doctor rocks. He seriously took the time to read it since I had last been then, summarized it back to me and let me know that it was part of my admission orders. I knew there was a reason we loved him. I also let him know the only thing that worries me is in whose hands I'd be left, if I delivered when he was out of town Nov. 8-11. I asked who was covering for him, and he asked me if I had a preference, which of course I do...Dr. Monica. It was great not to have to tell him, "anyone but Almira Gulch(Dr. Robertson)." He is asking Dr. Monica if she will "babysit" me if he is gone, and will let me know Tuesday. I will have to tell him my preference to not have Dr. R, if Dr. Salas-Myers is not available. I hope she is.

What else? I am group B + again, so more ampicillin, but he assures me that it will only be boluses in 250 cc NaCl, so not tied down to an IV stand, or anything. He was remarkably cool about my plan, and pretty much said that he could catch from any which angle, so I should do what I need to. Again...love him. I have actually had some B-H contractions over the last few days, which is a novel occurance for me. A few of which stopped me in my tracks, so this is a lot better than last time, when nothing was stirring in there until go time. I hate to get my hopes up that maybe he won't be two weeks late, after all. That is the other thing I worry about...I have been preparing and actually practicing relaxation, reading as much as I can, listening to affirmations in the car...really planning to do everything I can to have him naturally...but if I go to 2 weeks, I will need to be induced. I am not against this, as I have read a lot about Post-mature babies, and not sure that I want to do that to him. It does, however, completely alter my wishes, and it would be unlikely that I could do anything differently from how I did before..."tethered" to the bed, hooked up to lots of things, and not being able to cope. If that is what it takes to get him out, at that point, though...so be it. Alan is worried about me and; 1) how bid Sawyer's going to be and can I get him out and 2) how long my labor will be, and can I cope that long? Two really good questions...lol

Let's see...one thing that was not pleasant, and I have to only hope has to do with hormones was my mood yesterday. I would say that this goes was beyond irritable, and to down right angry, and I did not like it. Everything anyone did (including Evie) after about 4:30 p.m. made me so mad. Evie wasn't exactly being an angel, and it DOES put me in a bad mood to be at the track, not participating, but this was something else. I hope it doesn't happen again. I actually found myself apologizing to her for yelling when I calmed down. Not exemplary mommy behaviour. Bad Mommy.

I really organized Sawyer's and Evie's closets this morning and finally stocked up his. His hanging things were already hung up, but I got out all the socks, onesies, little pants and sleep gowns. I guess we are really having a little boy :)

That is about all...have to savor this last bit of our anniversary, so going to cut out for some snuggle time. G'Night to all of you out there.

Mumma

No comments:

Post a Comment