12 weeks pregnant, 196 days to go (but who's counting?)
So, it is funny to me... I have recently had several people, mainly casual acquaintances, and people I work with say, "I didn't even know you were trying to get pregnant." when I tell them we are expecting. Is this a little weird? Who else, other than your partner ,and possibly your doctor, do you need to notify that you are now on a mission to get knocked up? Should there be daily reporting to said people? "Hey, we tried again last night, so wish us luck!" just doesn't seem like water cooler chatter. I'm just saying
Along the lines of what other people have had to say about all this; One phrase I probably don't need to hear again is, "You have just GOT TO have a BOY!" Firstly, Since January 31st, we have had not control over this. I am pretty sure it is a done deal. Secondly, this smacks of the "Gender Disappointment" that has become so loathsome a topic for me. How about, "I am hoping for a beautiful, healthy baby for you!"? Every time someone says that to me, I am thinking, "are you going to be sad and pity me if I have a second girl?" I won't be sad in the least. More to come on the "GD" thing, but I am putting this out there now. Certainly, there are benefits to having a boy OR a girl, but I do not see any drawbacks to either. A girl would potentially be more of a confidante for Evie and...I am cheap...we already have all the girly stuff! A boy would "round out" the clan and provide us with the "total experience", but it will take some convincing Evie that, contrary to her current belief, that "thing" in a boy's diaper is NOT "poo poo." There! I found a drawback :)
No new prego effects...I have been sleeping through the night, which is wonderful, and the extreme fatigue seems to be easing a bit, but this still has not led to me getting my butt on the elliptical. We'll work on that. I have my next OB appointment on the 28th and have scheduled the 16 week ultrasound to coincide with the Grandmas' visit, May 7th (Evie's birthday!)
Love to you all, Mumma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The opening of this post cracked me up. Many close friends and family actually knew were planning on trying for another so we didn't quite get this response, but then again we haven't announced to everyone, so it could still be coming. Agreed on the gender issue. I am torn about what I want and why (as I was the first time around), but ultimately it doesn't make any difference whatsoever what I (or anyone else) want, as it is already decided and will be amazing either way! I just want to know!! :)
ReplyDelete