I was putting Evie to bed this evening, and just couldn't help but wonder, "How do I love another baby like I have loved this one?" I know everyone says that you "just do," but really? I will always have know Evie longer. She will always be my first, best introduction to what it is to be a mother, and to love someone THAT much.
I worry about her getting the love and attention she is used to. Can it multiply, to cover them all, including Alan? Is there an endless supply? I have to have a plan, a way to ensure that she gets me/Alan all to herself enough. What's enough? We are planning on keeping Evie in daycare part-time while I am on maternity leave, to help me take care of an BOND with the new baby, and so as to not disrupt her routine completely. I am thinking I will also bring the new baby to daycare once a week while on leave, and have Evie all to myself.
No new pregnancy symptoms, etc. The acne is getting a bit old, and the heartburn could suddenly go away, and I wouldn't be sad...but I am sure I will live :) one week until I get to hear this little Bebe finally! 2.5 more weeks until the ultrasound. It is moving rather quickly this time. I guess that is what happens when you are busy with your baby you already have. That's all from here. All good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment