so in the last post, I mentioned our trip down the stairs, but I didn't realize I hadn't written about it. So...Evie had gotten out of bed and came to find me upstairs. In an effort to not wake her up anymore that she already was, I started to carry her down the stairs to her room, without the lights on. Me and my mongo pregnant body slipped on the top stair, and down I went, holding Evie. I held her tight and tried to brace myself in the stairwell, but I slipped down 5 of the stairs, landed hard on my butt, top of my foot, and cut-up my elbow. Evie kind of rolled to the carpeted floor. I didn't want to scare her, but my eyes immediately welled up with tears and my voice was really shaky. Evie asked , "Mumma fall down, Mumma all right?" and I was trying to talk but couldn't really...I just tried to stay really still and see if I could feel anything wrong, like contractions, or leaking or whatever. Thankfully, nothing. I just sat there for a bit and Evie was obviously VERY concerned and went to go get Daddy. Seeing as he was in the garage and she can't open the outer door, she came back to me and tried to help me up. I hobbled over to her bed and laid down. Alan came in shortly after that and when she heard him come in upstairs, she went running to get him. I heard her saying, "Daddy, Mumma fell, hurt." and then they came hurrying downstairs. I let him know we were all fine then burst into tears...I was so scared and shaken up.
I got upstairs with help and put ice on my foot and raised it for the next few hours. Sawyer was almost frantic with activity, which kind of freaked me out, but still no contractions, etc. so I wasn't too worried. I was supposed to go in the next morning for my glucose challenge test anyway, but I called into work, as there was no way I could walk the 1/4 mile from my car to my building and I couldn't really put a shoe on my foot, as even flip flops hurt the top of my foot. I called the Doctor's office as soon as they opened and let them know what happened. They got me in right away with the doctor who'd been subbing for Dr. E. Thank goodness, because they first tried to put me in with Dr. Robertson, who I swear is the most condescending person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. I think they probably looked in my chart and saw that i have specifically asked to not see her again, unless an emergency.
I went in and Dr. Salas-Myers listened to my belly with the Doppler and made sure I was not having any contractions...She thought I looked good and she was not worried. :) I got my test done and drove home, put my feet up and watched movies for the rest of the day. Sadly, it meant I had to cancel my mani/pedi for the next day, as I could not have anyone touching my foot :P There goes my vanity!
So...My foot is still not right, and I am guessing I had a stress fracture in one of the tarsals, my elbow is finally healing over and the bruise on my right hip/butt is finally gone. I am not holding on to the railing and turning the light on each time I go up or down stairs, too. Who would have thought that your ability to navigate 6 stairs would be impacted?
Oh...my GCT came back fine...no diabetes, in fact, on the low side. Did I mention that I am anemic and had to start iron pills, too? We all, at work, thought it was funny when they called to tell me I had to start supplements, and that maybe I should add more fiber to my diet so I didn't get constipated. I just laughed...I am not sure how I could possibly get more fiber, but I said I would try.
My next appointment is this afternoon (week 32) so I will write more if there is anything to report. LF - out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How scary for you! And Evie! Glad that it didn't seem to affect Sawyer's well being. Be careful lady!
ReplyDelete