Huh...I am not sure where I left off last time...
So, I went to the second ultrasound and it didn't look to me like the placenta had moved much away from the cervix, so I was pretty bummed. It looked as though the little man was doing well in there, though, so that was all that mattered. He was being very stubborn so we did not get a lot of good shots of him this time. A few days later, my doctor called and said that he felt like the placenta had moved just enough and that he was not worried at all. Phew...He is a pretty prudent type of guy, so if he is not worried, I am not worried :) Since then, he must have gone off to some other exotic land (he was in Italy last month) so I had to have my 28 week (actually on my 27 week day) with the same substitute doctor. Not really much to report there...She just wanted me to go in for my glucose test, so I guess I will do that this Friday or something.
What else? Well...I was completely engrossed in reading the Twilight Saga, and made it through all four books in 10 days. Not proud, just explains why I have not written in quite some time. That and the new obsession with the Tudors. After I finished with the reading, I began watching at least one episode a night. I am all the way through season 2, so 20 episodes down. Damn Netflix. It will be a good thing, though, when I am up nursing and don't have anything to watch since we canceled our satellite subscription.
Evie is being a full-fledged two-year-old. I love how much she is changing everyday and the new things she comes out with all the time, but the willfullness and attitude I could do without. She is NOT interested in the baby in mommy's belly, but she still seems interested in babies in public, so hopefully that will continue. She has been sleeping in the big girl bed for the last month straight, so that is a relief. No need to buy a new crib. She had her first dentist appointment today and it was really great. She needs to get rid of the nookie really soon, though, so I am a little nervous about that. Otherwise, she did fine and I loved the doctor and the setting. I think she will really like it there over time.
Wow...this is supposed to be a pregnancy blog, but at this point there is really nothing new to report. I have been absolutely ravenous, so that's no good and I am definitely not "cute pregnant," just large pregnant. There is nothing cute about how I look right now, so I am hesitant to share any pictures. I cringe every time I see myself from the side and then immediately think of the 3 months I will have left to get bigger. Yikes. Sciatica is starting to kick in and the sleeping really kind of stinks. I really can't wait to get my body back...I will share the breasts for as long as possible, but the rest I am taking back. I have been really hot and I can't wait to get to New England to at least be near the lake. That should be pretty...bathing suit and me right now doesn't sound like a good mix.
What else? Sawyer Vaughn...that is what we came up with for sure, in case I hadn't shared that previously. Evie and Sawyer. We don't know what to call him for short though, so it will just be the full name, I guess. We think when he is a rebellious teenager that he will tell people, "just call me Saw." Bad Ass. lol
Did I mention that Sandra and Matty are having a girl? So the great baby item swap is about to take place. Maria is coming for Labor Day and she will shuttle much of it back and forth. And Melanie made plans to come November 8-12 or something, so I am hoping I have sprung this kid before then.
All else is good...just living large. Will report more when there is anything to report.
Mumma, Out (It's root beer float time)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOVE the name!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE that you read the Twilight Saga! I did it in 8 days, it's really one of thos series that once you start, you just can't put it down!
AND so glad you don't have to be too concerned with the placenta! Try to enjoy these last few months! I'm sure you look wonderful!