I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I have two whole months, at least, left. I think this second time around is so much harder. I do have Evie, who makes me laugh a lot, and Alan, who I love more than ever, to help me live my life until this little guy comes...But geez, it is taking forever.
I am not really able to get comfortable anymore. like...never. Sawyer is SUPER assertive with the kicking. I remember Evie being VERY busy, but not forceful enough to make me feel like I am being bruised from the inside. I feel like Bella Swan in the last twilight book, like he might just bust some ribs. I had my week 30 appointmnet before we went to Boston, and apparently I measure correctly, and his head is down and fairly low in my pelvis, which explains the constant feeling that I need to pee. I have a few of the newborn diapers and some other things ready to go into the hospital bag, so that makes me excited. I can't wait to just hold him...Yes, he'll be easier to take care of while he is still on the inside, but then, how can I look at that little face and feel his breath against my cheek :)
I just about 10 days ago started to get ankle swelling, and my foot apparently actually sustained some damage in my fall down the stairs (I think I mentioned that, right?) because it feels like I have a hairline fracture, or something on the top of my foot. Speaking of feet...this little gem of a new development really makes me sad. Seda and I were shopping the other day and I was trying on shoes. Time after time, they were not fitting right. I thought it was the swelling, after going to the zoo and Thai/Chinese food, but no...I realized that my left foot, which has always been a teensie bit bigger than my right, is now SIGNIFICANTLY bigger. I am guessing it is a whole half sizer bigger. I am so hoping that my right either gets bigger, too, or the left goes back to normal :(
I was hoping Alan would be able to paint Sawyer's room, since we bought the paint and are all ready to go, but his back went out the other day at the track, so we are kind of at a stand still. I ordered the curtains and rods for the room, so I am just hoping that the room is painted by the time those come. Then to do art for the walls! My fave task!
Maria is coming to visit this weekend, so I think we are all excited about that. Sunflower Farm Kidsfest and whatever else, hopefully to include my new fave...Sweet Action Ice Cream, on Broadway. Fried chicken and Ice Cream could pretty much be all I ate for the next months, and I would be perfectly happy :P
That's about it, because if I write anymore, I will only complain more about how it sucks to be preggers right now. C'mon fall!!! Mumma, out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awwww! I feel totally opposite, like this pregnancy is flying by the second time around... but you are a few weeks ahead of me, so that feeling may start to develop. I don't think you previously mentioned a fall down the stairs?! Hope it wasn't too serious! (Other than the foot issue) I'm excited to see what you have planned for Sawyer's room. After seeing Evie's room I know it will be cute. I could stand to borrow some of your creativity! :)
ReplyDelete