The Good...Everything else in my life not having to do with my pregnant body
The Boring...I had my 34 week appointment on Wednesday and it was entirely uneventful. Trace protein, low blood pressure, measuring right, slight swelling in feet. Then I brought up my new plans for this go 'round. For once I couldn't read Dr. Ehrenberger, and he asked me to just bring in my birthing plan next time. I went ahead and updated it and emailed it to him. He is probably thinking I am a nut job...type A-like behaviour for sure. I have posted it for your perusal. For you (at least that I know of) male readers...you may want to skip that - TMI. Other than that...we are just curious to see how long I will go on my own. I am still sticking with my guess of Arrival Date - November 7th (which would be nice, since I could then say that he and Evie are EXACTLY 2.5 years apart,) but who knows?
The Bad...This fricking pregnant body of mine. My Attitude has gone quickly downhill, from somewhat contrary to outright malevolent, at times. I swear, I wasn't like this last time, not even at the very end. I am officially having trouble shaving my legs, not peeing myself, and being anything but a dour biatch. I think I collectively got about 3 hours of sleep last night between the tossing, turning, overheating, peeing and general discomfort. I think I am going to try the floor in the basement tonight, where it is cool, and I can get a little more leverage while trying to toss this abdomen and other front baggage from side to side all through the night. And about the heat...It just shouldn't be this hot. high 80's, 90? Really? Whenever I think of hot summer days, in the middle of summer, I hear Cicadas, screeching along in my mind...Well guess what? I heard them for real on the way to my car the other day, while soaking through my shirt. I literally had to take my shirt off in the car on the way home and crank the A/C. My fellow commuters on 270 got an eye full. I finally hear that tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 70's...Thank you Baby Jebus!, but Wait!!! Sunday, High 80's...I quit.
I just looked at a picture of me at 34 weeks last time today. I look like a reasonable size for a pregnant person. My breasts weren't crowding Alan out of the picture, and my tummy wouldn't have eclipsed the moon. What happened?! I still don't know my weight, but I can tell you that they are now saying "good" when they refer to it, so I can't have packed on much extra. So what is the deal? This cup size thing...it is getting both old, and expensive. I got my third bra in one month today in the mail off ebay(I had tried it on at Nordstrom last Friday and it was $48 (apparently "big busted" ladies are S.O.L. on affordable support) down from $82... No Way, Jose. After wearing a bra today which CLEARLY did not fit (think obvious overflowage,) I was pretty uncomfortable and very excited to have one additional bra that might work, since up until yesterday, I wore the same one for 8 days straight. I put it on and asked Alan if it fit. His reaction (and you think this would be good, coming from a guy) was , "Holy Crap, those are huge!" Ugh...Thanks, Babe. I went ahead and ordered a size 36H, as the first bra I bought a month ago was a 36FF, which quickly has become almost unwearable, and with 6 - 8 weeks to go...there could be and "I" (I-mmense, I-mpossible, I can't believe those are real...you get the picture) in my near future. The other pregnant woman at work, Beth, turned me on to Theresa Strasser's (you'll know her, if you watched 'While you were out') BLOG from last year when she was pregnant. It is g-d hysterical and refreshing. I was right with her on every point until I got to an entry today about her boobs. She wrote a whole entry (almost as long as this rant, if you can imagine,) about how awful it was that she was having to wear a "real bra" in size C, no less, and how she missed her A-cup and "bralette." First things first...I haven't been able to wear a bralette for the last 25 years...no exaggeration. I was so p/o'd reading this bitch fest about her 36C bra that I had to tell her. I NEVER comment on people's Blogs, and this is futile, as it was over a year old, but I just had to vent and tell her that she was quickly making her way onto MY "people I want to punch" list. And I felt much better afterward...and proceeded to read more entries, which made me love her again. But if she mentions it again...so help me. Enough about the girls, but they really are a source of great discontent right now.(ya think)
What else? (In case you couldn't get enough of the positive energy flowing so freely from me right now...) My back really aches, I now have an almost constant cramp in my right calf...not just limited to middle of the night anymore, and I am getting more and more impatient. I need to get busy, and keep my mind off this all. The only things coming up are; 1) Tomorrow: The illustrious Broomfield Days, so that will be most of the day, 2) Rockies game a week from tonight, 3) Our 6th Anniversary on 10/10/10 (Cavalia, Chop House...night alone with my man...can't wait,) and 4) A 1st birthday party. I have got some filling in to do. I also need to find some time and motivation to get sewing. Curtains for the guest room, a blanket for Sawyer and then there is the artwork for his room and Carly's room that I need to get done. Tick tock, tick tock.
Oh...and I have quit TWO books in one week. I don't often give up on books, but if you'd like a review of each, here you go:
Get Me Out: A History of Childbirth from the Garden of Eden to the Sperm Bank - Randi Hutter Epstein:
I heard an interview with the author in February, or something, and thought it sounded very interesting, about how the socioeconomic classes dictate womens views on childbirth, and the resources available to them, and how men really created the field of obstetrics in order to have more control over it. But reading it...I needed a Ritalin, or several. This lady jumps from century to century, within the same paragraph. I really wanted to like it, but I could not hang in there. I can't believe she is a writer for NY Times, and other pubs...Some editor at her publishing house needed to grow some balls and tell this lady to focus.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Natural Childbirth
I got this from the library, thinking it might be a more "moderate" approach to natural childbirth. I only made it through three chapters, and that was torturous. I am still committed to having Sawyer's birth be about what he, my body, and I need and know how to do...but if I hadn't made that choice already, this lady might have just talked me out of it. As many times as she says that each birth is up to the mother, how she would like it to go, you get the distinct impression that it is this lady's way, or the highway. She is sure judgmental. She obviously realizes that not only first time mothers are reading this book, yet goes ahead to make you feel like a failure if you had anything in the past or are planning on anything other than a home birth. Sheesh lady. Some of us would like to do it on our own, but have some back up if things don't go well...Ease up on the hospital hating. Can't tell you much more about it...
I am now on to "birthing without fear" - I'll let you know.
I am going to go have some bad for me snack, some drink that will surely necessitate five trips to the toilet, and hit the sack. I have Little Miss Independent all to myself while Alan is racing tomorrow, so I better get some zzzzzzzz's. As if.
Mumma, Out

No comments:
Post a Comment