OK - well, I wouldn't say popular. One person mentioned to me that she missed reading this, so I will try to keep up. What better time to blod than when you are strapped to a machine designed to mimic the suckling of an infant. TMI? At least I am not talking to you on the phone while pumping. I've had to do this and am always wondering if the person on the other end of the phone is wondering what the hell I am up to.
So, where did we leave off?
1) V-Day this February meant something completely different than in years past. Snip, snip. Yes, this was true. Ala had a long weekend for President's Day, so what better opportunity to ensure we have not more bebes? It was pretty interstesting from a medical standpoint. I had to remember to stop watching the procedure and remain a caring concerned wife bedside. Alan did great with the whole thing, and it is really good to be done with that part of our lives. No regrets, so I guess it was the right decision. Now...I may have to get an IUD or something because I truly thought I was in early labor this last month, but alas...just womanly. We'll see how that goes, this cannot stand.
2) How I maimed my son with the TiVo remote Apparently "maimed" may have been too strong a descriptor. Hes OK, but I did cuff him off the head accidentally when it flew out of my hands directly at his forehead. He still tries to steal it, so I am not sure if this is revenge, or he's forgiven the whole thing.
3) The Milk truck also has new meaning...ER...the Milk Element, I guess, is more like it. Chronicles of a pumping mama - pumping at the gas pump, and not just gasoline. Hmm. My milking adventures are really grounds for a whole separate blog. I have traveled out of town twice for business without Sawyer, and the lengths I have gone to seem ridiculous. Not even in retrospect...I have actually been able to think, "wow, this is craziness" as I have been berated by a handicapped person while pumping in Atlanta's Airport, and other lunacy. I will devote some time to this, as it can supply not only milk, but many many anecdotes :)
4) My daughter and why she drives me nuts and makes me proud. Whoa, where do I start? Smart? Yes, Sassy? Check, Karmic Payback, you betcha! (Ew, that was Palin-esque, right?!) Sorry. More on that when I get caught up, but thank Buddha she is out of diapers. That was gross.
5) Reduction! (no...not my boobs, yet...just my work hours, and how it sucks that Daycare isn't prorated like my pay will be.) This is actually a work in progress, so I'll chime in about this very soon, hopefully with better news than I would report right now. Key Points...Work is nuts, home seems nuts, which all is making me nuts. New daycare provider is a good thing, though (necessitated by previous change in hours.)
6) Call for ideas of how to make $400 a month the easy way...nothing new here...I am still thrifty (euphemism of the day:) - We've switched to Cloth Diapers and I try to make as much of Soy Boy's food as possible...and selling on Ebay is in full swing. What next?
7) General Update...Life is good, but I'll need to expound. Life IS good, but I have not even come close to managing any sort of work/family/self balance. I mean not even close. Not sure if this is just a pipe dream, or really attainable, but I intend to find out. Something had got to give soon.
Look at that...13 minutes have passed and 4.6 ounces later (not a bad haul for afternoon session), I must get back to work. I WILL really delve into these issues, and others sooner. I need an outlet, and unfortunately for you all...I've found it again :)
Milking Mumma Out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I was also among those patiently waiting for you to give details on the little preview you posted a year ago now! I stopped checking for updates after several months, but am glad I checked in again to read these little notes :) I hope you will continue! I love to hear the perspective from another mother of two!
ReplyDelete